Monday, December 1, 2014

Fantasy League - the End

Well, I lasted for like half of it...which is pretty good for me. Plus, I even painted some models...not the amount I had hoped for...but still, anything is better than nothing. So what happened? Well the league ended last night officially. And, I did not show up for a game again. There are lots of reasons, but the big two were that it was 30 degrees outside, and there is little heat in the clubhouse, and, well....there was no chance for me to win the league. One of the members just really blew everyone else out of the water with the shear amount of points he had won. Not that winning was huge for me, but had I been in the running, it would have brought me to the table.

Now all that is left is the Rampage event to top it off. Now I am signed up for that, and I will be going. I just won't have a fully painted army for the event unless I switch to Dwarves or Wood Elves.

Another big reason for my slide in the Fantasy League, was the news of a 40K league starting up in January. This drew my interest for several reasons. I have recently acquired several starter armies for 40K. And a league is perfect for pulling one or more of those out. This will be my first foray into 7th edition. It will also be my first time trying out allies. Due to some rash of impulsive behavior from me lately, I bought a Tempestus set of models, and then grabbed a screaming deal on some Tau. Now a while back, I had gotten some space wolves due to the awesome starter deal. So here I am, sitting with three excellent starting forces. Now the Tempestus is the smallest of the bunch. I can squeeze out 1K from them, but that is it. And, they are completely NIB and need lots of assembly (which I kind of hate). The space wolves are in the same boat. I haven't figured out how many points I have in them yet, but due to the fact that I still have other SM units that can cross over from my salamander army, I'm sure I could toss down 1K+ easy.

That leaves the Tau. These are already assembled, and bare. They need a little love, but not that much to be honest. Plus, thanks to Bolter and Chainsword, I have already gotten a paint scheme worked out.
Not bad huh? Well I like it. Someone pointed out to me it was a bit Soviet Union, but thought that just added even more coolness to it. In fact, I painted up a test model this weekend. Wasn't too hard and I thought it looked good. These guys can hit the 1K easy and gives me a little room to grow. Plus, due to black Friday, I was able to snag that big crisis suit thingy for these guys.

So yeah, the Tau has pretty much stolen my hobby interest. I will do my best to record some of the games from the Rampage and share them on there, and then show my progress with my Tau as I prepare for the 40K league.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment