Thursday, May 5, 2016

Transport lost in the Warp

Dang it, no game for me this week. My schedule got super busy and I wasn't able to make it to game night. Still though, things are looking up for the Ad Mech. I have an entire weekend coming up to work on nothing but my army. I will be spending most of the time assembling, but I will also do a test model for my paint scheme. My wife and I are going to a "hobby" retreat this weekend. She'll be doing scrap booking stuff, and I'll be building and painting models. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the only guy there, but that doesn't matter to me.

About a year ago I tried to organize a hobby retreat for my game club. A few people said they were interested, so I started to organize the whole thing. But then when it came down to picking a date and signing up, everyone went quiet. Typical. Ah well, I get to go away for the weekend with my wife and spend all the time doing model stuff that I want. How cool is that??

I might even try to build the Imperial Knight model that I have. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn! Scary.

It has been a pretty cool week for me actually. I've been organizing a reunion with some college friends of mine for next year. I have a few of them committed to going. In the mean time though, I decided to see if any of them wanted to get together and play a game online together. These are gamers after all. So we settled on DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) and have actually met up a couple of times. Now some of these guys I haven't seen or gamed with in over 20 years. So that has been really cool. DDO is just a great game and being able to hang out with them and get in gaming....just priceless. And the best part? No one has to be a DM! :) Yeah...I'm a nerd....sue me.

Oooooo and tonight? Captain America: Civil War!!! whoooo hooooo! I love the CA series. I have a serious man crush on Cap. I mean how can you not? Chris Evans was just the perfect casting for the character. Yeah, I know...its a little weird...but if I'm going to have a man crush, then who better than Captain America?

Oh, and I'm keeping my eye on Warmachine v3 due out in June. Looking good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment