Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year! This is 2020...

Holy munchkin butt....its a new year...and I am still doing "its" wrong. I'll let me old English teacher worry about that...in fact..she's probably dead...so there you go.

So wow...way back in September of old 2019 was my last post. Is it really that much of a surprise? I think not. Lots have been going on though. My contract job ended and I had to do that horrible horror of job hunting. Blech. Skip to the end, I actually landed in a great new job. Just took up until now to get it. So while that was going on..hobby stuff took a backseat.

Well, mostly. I still picked up the odd model here and there...especially with the holiday sales going on. I mean..who wouldn't? Got some new vehicles for bolt action...especially for my DAK Germans. I'm actually going to be assembling some very soon as a new escalation league is about to start. I almost went with my Italians...which I picked up some Folgore for...those still need painting...but in the end I didn't feel like I had enough to offer me the options I would want. Sad to think. Also regretting a bit of making them all Bersagilieri...as I don't have any models for just regular troops. And then after my new Marder I tank hunter came in....oh yeah..DAK all the way.

My super amazing lovely wife got me the new Chaos Marine battleforce. It was perfect..it gave me more havocs which are sweet...new chaos marines...and terminators and a rhino just for good measure. I ended up selling off my Apoc box set I got because it was just not right for my army. So now I'm done with Chaos Marines. I have everything I need, and a little bit more for the army I wanted to build. Hopefully I can finish building and painting them and get them ready for this year's OFCC. Just google it and I'm sure you'll find something about it.

But for the next few days..its all about putting together Bolt Action kits for my DAK Germans. I bought the army box a while back and it has been waiting for me to bust it out. I did flirt with playing the US and even put together a bunch of US airborne and even some infantry together (with a couple of vehicles), but in the end, the collection had the same limitation as the Italians...just not enough variety just yet. It will get there.

Oh, I did end up upgrading my vid card in my PC and added a new SSD drive. Holy cow...the SSD drive was cheap...$109 for a 1T drive?? Yes please. Oh, and Mechwarrior 5 came out..so been playing that with all the newness. Pretty decent. Not playing enough with my friends though and that is a pain.

So...2020...goals? Well as stated before...I'd really like to get the Chaos Space Marine army all painted and ready for the OFCC this year. I think its doable. Also, get a DAK army up and running for the Bolt Action league starting on the 5th, and actually get a finished army by the end of it. Oooooo that is going to be tough. Also, for my D&D group, I need to get my butt in gear and get the new Eberron campaign going. Sheesh...seems like a lot..but I think I can do it. Also...I need to get rid of stuff. My office looks like a game store exploded. I think there will be another gamer swap in Feb...so here's hoping.

So next update should be in just a few days...and hopefully with pics of the new DAK models. Until then....hope your 2019 was good and wishing you a great 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment