Monday, May 22, 2017

Where are my orks?!?

Hey people,

So what the hell GeeDub? You keep releasing these Focus pages on the various armies....but somehow the orks haven't gotten one yet? What's up with that nonsense?

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of you for releasing all these previews and rule snippets. But damn...give me my orks! :)

So as you can see, I've been keeping an eye on the 8th ed updates for 40K. I haven't seen anything yet that is worrying people or scaring anyone away. I've liked what I have seen so far. Just going to come down to whether or not any armies got screwed at this point. I own lots of armies, so the odds of one of them getting hosed is pretty high. But I'm holding out hope that they did they all a solid. For the orks, they need a way to mitigate morale. As a horde army, if they don't get some way to ignore morale, then their number of valid builds is going to be very small.

I am really hoping that GW is also working on a nice transport model for my Ad Mech. There are going to be lots of strategies using transports in 8th and that seems like a big glaring hole in their list right now.

All the rest of my armies seem to be pretty solid for the most part. I wonder if the necrons will get some sort of wound regen. And I want to see how the gauss weapons are going to work.

In other news, I've just plugged up some model needs for my undead army. I think it will be my main force going forward in Kings of War. I have always loved my undead, and while in Kings, they lose some of their sparkle due to the more generic army list, they still are going to look great on the table. I just need to get creative with some of the units and model choices. For the first time, I'm actually going to replace a GW model with a Mantic one. I've bought a bunch of the mantic zombie models. They are quite decent and actually fit better with the newer GW models than the old GW zombie. Maybe I'll even put some together and toss in a pic or two down the line.

Nothing new to report on the PC gaming front. Been pretty much playing the same games. For DDO, my dragonborn Sorcerer build is just crazy good. Granted, he is still only level 10, but the damage he can put out is just redonkulous. So much fun and since it's Monday, I get to use him...woot!

I did actually install and play the Blizzard MOBA game Heroes of the Storm. They had this Nexus 2.0 event going on where if you played games with "friends" you could unlock bonuses for Overwatch. It worked in that it got me to play again. But I'm not so crazy about some of the character balance I witnessed, so I doubt I'll play anymore than I have to.

Oh, I did get Dawn of War III, but I haven't played it yet. Meh..I'll get to it eventually.

Well, that is it for this week. The sun is coming out in the PacNW and that means models can be primed again. That means I might actually paint something. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment