Friday, July 19, 2019

What in the @ss???? (thank you deadpool)

Hello True Believers,

Wow, missed a whole month. How bad is that? And barely getting in one now too. Well actually, I've been very lucky lately. Life is going fairly well, and I guess this has just fell to the wayside a bit. But no worries...I've got updates.

First off, I took more pics of my Italians. So here they are in all their glory:












Booya! You didn't think I had actually painted more didn't you? Well that's okay, I wouldn't have believed it myself. They won't win any painting competitions, but they will look pretty good on the table. And I'm really happy with them. I have to say, it felt great to paint up a force and have it all done. I am also digging my light box! Made taking pics so much easier..and they do look nice.

Which leads me to my next project. I was having some real issues figuring out what to do next. I could work on a DAK army which is very near and dear to my heart. That army is still NIB. I also considered a Warmaster army. I even got to the point of putting models on popsicle sticks and even primed one group. But again, just couldn't seem to go further than that. So where am I? Well, as fate would have it, some 40K Chaos Marine models that I wanted fell into my lap, and they were already built and primed (for the most part). I just had three models to assemble and I even got in a game with a 51pt list with them. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to paint up these chaos guys and see how it goes. I planned out a full 100pt PL list for them. I'll get the other models as opportunities arrive and just get working on the ones I have. Seems like a good plan and I can get to painting right away. Plus, GW's new contrast paints look like the perfect solution for these heavily detailed models.

I'm also playing D&D using Roll20 quite a bit now. Between myself and my Clemson group, we have four games running and play about once a week. It gets a little tricky sometimes remembering who is playing what character in which campaign, but it is great. Roll20 is working out better than I could have imagined. Playing that game with my real friends...that really helps keep me centered in life. My wife has noticed it and she approves (even though I will never get her to play). 

It feels good to feel good. I approve. :) Well, that is about it. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up Contrast paints this weekend and do a test model. I hope the color scheme I pick out looks good because those paints are expensive. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. nice work! Glad that someone is getting full armies painted lol. I still have not convinced my players that Roll20 is the best option. Still working on it thought.
    -d

    ReplyDelete