Monday, April 21, 2014

The Invasion is on Hold

Okay, it really isn't on hold, I just haven't had any time this last week to work on it. So a slight bump in the schedule, heck, I haven't even had time to go back and take more pictures yet. That is just the way life gets some times.

What I can tell you, is that I've got all the chaos I need. All of my wheeling and dealing and purchases came flooding in. I am now the proud owner (again) of a full chaos marine force. And it is all in pieces. :(

But don't fret, I'm not. I'll get back to assembling models tonight after work and will continue to churn them out. I will say I'm still looking for some specific pieces though. My army has lots of chaos beasties in it. I have the helldrake, two fiends, and a total of five hellbrutes. But I don't own a warsmith yet. I like the model so I am on the lookout for one.

Also, I'm trying to get my hands on more special weapon sprues for the basic CSM. I only have one for all 25 of my CSM. I could at the very least use one more. I'll see what I can salvage from some of the other units.

The whole army is plastic which is pretty cool. All of it are the latest models as well. So no old stuff. The only down side to that is that I have to put everything....and I mean everything, together. Sometimes I find assembly fun. But when you have to start cranking out the models....then it becomes a chore. At least for me anyways. So I'm trying to figure out how best to do this. I think it would probably work well if I chose a few of any one kind of model at a time....instead of trying to power through all of them. So maybe I'll stick with a "no more than five at a time" rule. For lots of the stuff, I only have five of a kind for a model type (raptors and terminators for example). So that should work okay. For guys like my CSM and cultists, I think it will help me not get sick of them to spread them out.

So, I'm still working on the possessed right now and the rhino. I hope to wrap those up tonight. Then I'll get back to my DV models (which are awesome!) and then start grinding out some CSM again.

Next up: Chaos Sighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment